UmmiRosma
Let's explore and share the beauty of motherhood...

Wednesday, January 14, 2009
I was the mood of making a cake this late afternoon. I planned to bring this cake tomorrow to school if it really looks yummy when I cut it into 'bite-size' cubes tomorrow morning. The recipe was actually given by my collegue Cikgu Habibah and I had successfully made this cake for few times before. The ingredients are almost the same as the typical Kek Batik but the difference is that we use less flour and put more Nestum Cereals.

First, I put 6 eggs and 250g butter in the mixer. Then, poured in half can of the condensed milk. Let them blend well together for about 5 minutes at medium speed.
Then I popped in 2 spoons of super fine flour (Hong Kong Flour) and followed by the 300g cereals. After that I put the mixture into a big bowl and and then I added 300g Milo powder.

Next, I transferred the mixture into the non-stick pan and I cooked it while continuously stirring it till it became just like a sticky dough. Then, I scooped a few spoons of the cooked dough and put it into the baking can/tin. Then I pressed the dough firmly and arranged the marie biscuits on every layer as shown above.


I was just being over-creative...and innovative ...I topped the cake with some hazelnut chunks and milo powder sprinkles. I kept this cake in the fridge overnight. Hope everything is ok so I can serve the teachers without shame...!

Labels:


Posted by
1/14/2009 09:02:00 PM